Saturday, January 16, 2010

My Picks for the NFL Divisional Round

I didn't have any portentous dreams last night regarding football, perhaps fortunately so. I'm left with mere logic and intuition.

Cardinals v. Saints: Cardinals

My sole upset pick. This is going to be a shootout with two of the best offenses in the league and two mediocre defenses. The Saints were so lackluster the last couple games, and I think that will carry over to this one, while old man Kurt Warner and the Cards are flying high after last week's thrilling win over the Packers (that I got wrong).

Ravens v. Colts: Colts

I'm rooting for the Ravens, but Peyton Manning is so good.

Cowboys v. Vikings: Vikings

Everybody's loving the Cowboys now, but I'm betting on the genius of Brett Favre and Jared Allen getting in Tony Romo's face a few times.

Jets v. Chargers: Chargers

The Jets have the potential to go far with their excellent running game and defense, but they've been pretty inconsistent over the season while the Chargers have been rocksteady running up to the playoffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment